It might actually be worth 40 bucks. After viewing an hour of content of "Ultimate Norcal vs CAPCOM" (god that's a mouthful). It might be worth it. Some changes made to the game some I don't like some I do. Never played the first one so. Shame no one picked Red Arremer in the videos I saw. Everyone of course picked:
- Strider who died right away.
- Vergil made a pretty solid showing for Day 1 comboes and trying to play him like Dante.
- Ghost Rider looks seriously annoying considering he's exactly what I thought...chain chain chain chain eat more chain
- Nemesis Super Armor is god-like. Even brushes off most Supers and keeps going.
- Iron Fist didn't catch much of him and what I saw seemed boring.
- No one picked Dr. Strange either. *sadface*
- Hawkeye pretty much spammed....Super is rather useful though.
Ok old characters :
- Sentinel makes a solid showing apparently lost some old stuff but gained new stuff. Apparently a speed increase and what I noticed capable of 2x or more Frying Pans to the face for more ground bouncing/OTG fun.
- Wesker no more auto-pilot, god-like in ability, stuff anymore. Now you must know how to play as the man who claims to be god.
- Trish if she wasn't solid before she's solid now.
- Spencer the old spencer stuff works but the new spencer stuff makes ppl want more bionic arms.
- Ammy She doesn't live as long but can still dish out the pain. I was hoping to see more than that same boring sword though.
- Dormammu Well no more annoyance from Dark Holes and whatever just more tricks he can pull in the air. (Dark Hole is still annoying BTW)
- Phoenix despite HP drop is still scary but at least you have more to stand up to her with.
- C.Viper is scarier. Hopefully she'll get more showing cause she doesn't turn up much in matches
- Felicia despite how much I hate her is actually a playable character. So we might see more of her.
- Aerial X-Factor is new and now we have some possibilties to run.
- The lifebars are not my favorite at all. I can't tell when X-Factor will run out and can barely tell how much life the other characters have.
- Matches don't seem to last long anymore. I swear they seem to be like 30 seconds to 1 minute and a half matches.
- Assist character punishment is far more rampant now. I swear they die like crazy from 1 mistake and there's no saving them.
That's about everything I've seen from the game. Gonna be a good while before I get it cause there's still far more interesting games to get LOL. Like KoF 13, Sonic Generations. LOL hahah.