Monday, November 14, 2011

FAQ Interview 11/13/2011

1. When did you start Youtubing and why?
I started being somewhat regular on YT around 2005-2006 year.  A friend introduced me showing a what I think is now a lame game music video.  But I was interested in it and tried the same thing myself.  Of course he didn't like it but I did.  And since I pratically just graduated.  No job around the time I just figured its something to pass the time.  I never expected to still be on the place at this point in my life.

2.  What made you start posting game videos?
Not much really a few months after starting on Youtube I found other users managing to upload game videos.  That wasn't from GameTrailers.com. When I figured out how they were doing it I of course couldn't mimic that cause at the time Capture Cards were expensive.  So I used my GBA emulator and just did random Megaman videos.  It wasn't till later that I discovered my own methods for recording and uploading videos from consoles.

3.  Why do so many users tend to hate on how you play your games?
Many reasons.  But I believe its mainly cause I play for a different purpose and my methods of how I play a game differs from everyone else. They also expect many people like myself to be instantly "god-like" at every game I play.

4. Why don't you practice before recording or uploading videos?
To be honest I spend a lot more time converting and uploading videos than actually playing the game itself.  I generally just go with first successful runs instead of wasting hours getting good at something I'll probably never come back to.  I tend to do better when I'm not thinking about uploading this or that to YT either.

5. Why do you tend to not follow other players strategies or play styles?
A lot of reasons;  1 when I see a lot of other players and how they handled things its far too situational for me to even bother with. 2. A lot of strategies I see are generally luck based and players probably went through multiple attempts (but may never admit it) to get that method to work.  3. For fighting games especially I really don't have the time to sit by and learn these things.  Usually once I learn that method its far too late and absolutely useless to me (due to patches, new releases, no one cares, etc.).

6. What do you think is the problem with gamers today?
I could say its the choices of games they play but that's just biased.  I would say its everyone wants to be a copycat.  Only those that they regard as pros apparently say so on how to play a game.  This isn't saying that no one should listen to pros.  However not allowing someone to play the way they like is rather extreme.  A strategy guide only really shows one way to play a game.  However, there are 1000s of ways to go about playing the same game.  So everyone can't play the same way.

7. Why do you tell others to upload there own videos as a response for telling you that "you suck"?
This is because a lot of cases ppl are just haters. Its better for them to just upload something better than to just talk crap.  I don't care who's better at what game honestly as I'm not trying to be the best at my games.

8. Have you ever been to tournaments before?
Yes I have many in fact.  Mainly good at 3D fighters like Soul Calibur. At the time I was the quiet one never really talked to anyone that I didn't already know.  Mainly due to competition.  I stopped going when I turned 22 cause I realized it wasn't that important to me.  If I actually put my heart into it I could win.  I'm glad I left the tournament scene when I did as it started turning into a mosh pit (for lack of a better word) from what I've seen.  

9. Why don't finish a lot of games you started uploading?
A lot of reasons.  I generally lose interest.  I do have a lot of games.  But its way too easy to lose interest in a game.  Especially in these new ones.  I pretty much stopped playing any M rated games.  If I had the time I had when I was younger I'd be done with most of my games in about 2 weeks.

10. Your YT Profile says you upload for yourself. What do you mean by that entirely?
Generally as it says.  With so many games I own and so many more being released that I want to play.  Keeping up is harder than ever.  In a lot of cases I just want to playthrough a game once.  I like only maybe certain parts of a game but I know it takes forever to replay to build up to that point.  So I generally want to play through only once.  Maybe a few more times depending on the game.  So I have it there for memories.  I don't like taking request as I end up with some outrageous request.  It may sound like an old man but I wanna  look back these one day and go.  Hey I remember that part.

11.  Why do you not aim for the best like a lot of ppl say you should do in everything?
While I like video games and its a hobby.  I don't play for competitive sport.  I play generally for storyline.  Find a character I can relate to and finish the game.  Its nice to win every now and then.  But if I play to win I feel I won't be remembered for such things.  Everyone generally moves on from these games and forgets who played what.  Besides the games I have a chance in there's not really a place I can freely go to in order to prove myself.  And I live in a major city.

12. Why do you hate pros?
I don't hate pro players.  I hate those that act like they're gods and force others to play like they do.  Also you can be a pro player and not be a jerk at the same time. I like those that play for the fun of it and are rather friendly win or lose.

13.  How do you deal with online players?
I treat them the same as I would treat others.  I just play for fun.  I might send a gg message now and again.  I get hate messages now and then too.  I try not to care.  In fact I generally turn off messages that aren't from friends.

14. Why do you respond to some people that flame?
Some people online totally misunderstand my point.  Although I'll generally not care after about a day or so unless that person responds.  So really I'm trying to figure out what that person is really saying.  Most of the time they'll dodge that question and bring up something that's totally irrelevant to the subject.  I would rather they get to the point than just play 20 questions.

15. Are there any games you're looking forward to?
Not too many.  Been mainly looking at old titles.  But I would say KoFXIII, Solartarobo, can't think of much else.