Friday, February 10, 2012

Desktop is Sorta Fixed

I went into the garage and pulled out my mom's old desktop.  Tried to fix it a bit.  Apparently my guess is that there was something wrong with the BIOS.... Well I reset it and things seem to be ok.   I had to raise the usage of RAM up to 4 Gigs....which in reality the PC says that there's like 3.37 Gigs of RAM :sadface:....

Anyway I at least have a desktop....with rather low quality sound cause my mom is using my $50 speakers. lol.  Well it is a desktop so I can at least get some more things done...I am afraid of pushing this desktop though since this thing has always been acting rather weird....like an NES/SNES after its been knocked around or the cartridge was immersed in water.  You older generation gamers like me know what I'm talkin about.

I doubt this will improve my streaming since running at such low RAM and all that.  Not to mention I don't know how stable this desktop is.  Its not mine where it was meant for VIDEO/GAMING/STREAMING all together....I still can't record in HD since I don't have an HDTV to use with my Hauppauge. So yeah....LOL. Well that's about all I can say for now.  Laters...