Thursday, March 29, 2012

While Sega works on Sonic 4: Episode 2 Other ppl are working on this



As much as I've seen fangames, HD remixes, etc. I've actually gotten tired of seeing the same game over and over again.  Yep found @ http://www.s2hd.com/  we have a remake in the works by a group I don't know of Sonic 2.  From what I've seen of this game it actually looks great. The music sounds great as well.  However I wonder if the physics are still there.  Honestly when I think of Genesis Sonic games or really 2D Sonic's in general. I think of Sonic moving so fast that he leaves the screen either to his death or straight to the end of the stage.  You knew you were moving fast when the game camera couldn't keep up.

  Anyway while this is just a demo the full game has yet to be completed it looks generally promising.  We'll have to wait and see what happpens to this game and it being a full recreation of Sonic 2.  I honestly think Sega will find a way to nip this in the bud as unlike most fangames this is a literal recreation of the Genesis Sonic 2 but it looks better.