Thursday, July 5, 2012

Update for July 2012

Well more or less had a vacation.  If you wanna call it that.  I only call it a vacation cause I'm away from a lot of stress for about half a day. Problem is I come straight back to it.  That's besides the point though.


 I've only been uploading multiple fighting games recently due to the fact that I've considered leaving fighting games for good.  This is cause I find that fighting games have pretty much shut me out from myself enjoying them.  Add to the fact that the FGC (Fighting Game Community) is the worst I've ever seen next to FPS (First Person Shooters) and MMO's (Massive Multiplayer Online).  I'm not just only taking into account my experiences with with UMvC3 (Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3). But also thinking about other games as well and thinking about various big time forums.  Generally filled with the most unfriendly, unsportsman, and unhelpful of people.  I feel the community has turned into what I've feared and that's the Smash Bros Melee community.  If you remember the joke about Super Smash Bros. Melee (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-7gmds2njg) then I think you get the point. I feel the games themselves pretty much have changed to fit that of a tournament player instead of those that just want to play for fun.  Even though you have games with easy pick up and play ability like UMvC3, SFxT, etc. The air around these fighters strike me as serious/tournament player or get out of here.  


Thinking about my past experiences with these games I can't help but feel rejected from playing these games online or even recording them. So I just feel like I should just play them at least 1 last time. I don't really have friends available to play any fighters I'm interested in and playing with complete strangers is a crap shoot at best. I'm not asking for special treatment or anything like that. I just expect a level of respect from the people I play, meet, etc. and I just don't see it.  Maybe that's cause I live in the dark side of the Online Gaming Community.  That's how I feel about it anyway.




I have been playing FF13-2 a lot more than expected thanks to Omegaevolution (http://www.youtube.com/user/omegaevolution).  Can't thank him enough for that one. I'm still doing other games just rather slowly.  Keeping my mind away from depressing thoughts as best as I can.


I probably still need to see a doctor about my many health concerns.  Until insurance kicks in I won't be able to so I'm being careful as to what I do.  I honestly should exercise more.