Monday, July 21, 2014

New Desktop Goal (About $120 of 500 so far)

July 1st, 2014  Ugh....

After sitting down and looking through parts. With the little help I received in figuring out what I need.  Someone sent me a link to Pcpartpicker.net. It's a nice site however it actually made my dilemma worse. I felt like one of those idiots that gets suckered into the a store's supposed "Deal" when I was picking out my parts.  With no knowledge of what I need or really want I ended up going based off what friends told me was good and bad.  The price tag afterwards was 3 to 4 times the amount I intended to spend.  O_O

So before I got more frustrated than I already was with the lack of knowledge I have and little help I closed the webpage. I figure I'd deal with it later.  I asked a friend about the whole thing he said he'd be willing to help and maybe salvage parts from my older desktops and save me money.  That would be great if that can happen. I'm not gonna hold my breathe though cause he's the type of guy that wants to help everybody but tires out easily from all that help. Its better that I wait awhile for more money to play with anyway. Also with August and September around the corner maybe I could just settle for a desktop anyway supposed to be specials around so maybe I'll find something for cheap.

I can't be worrying about parts right now. I got plans this weekend. Gotta get things ready. I did end up buying Fire Emblem: Awakening. I like it but like Pokemon X I have a hard time playing handheld games for long.

July 21st, 2014 Frustrated and Near-Broken

I woke up this morning to find that my paypal account was hacked into.  Seriously WTF!!! I spent about 3+ hours disputing the charges and trying to protect myself from further damages.  This guy was just constantly trying to get money I don't have.  Crazy thing was he sent about $450 to me first then withdrawl all of it plus my own money I left in there. I left about $45-$50 bucks in paypal just in case I find something on E-bay, Newegg, etc at a good price.  Only to find today that I lost a good bit.

After disputing it I found that paypal manage to resolve most of the charges. There's still one processing that's trying to take $500 out of my checking that one never got resolved. So I had to transfer the money in my checking to somewhere for the time being.  Right now my Paypal account is still frozen so I can't get paid, or send payments for the time being.  I can't really touch the money at my actual bank either or I risk something transferring. I'm stuck...and generally on the verge of having an emotional breakdown from all this.  Nothing I can do right now but sit and wait (And listen to almost everyone else blab on and on about how this is the reason they don't have paypal).

I keep telling myself I've done all I could but its still a hard thing to deal with. At least I'm not sick anymore.

July 23rd, 2014 I'm Not Stupid People

I wake up today to check the balances on my accounts since that whole thing happen. I find myself in the whole of -$507.85.  So the withdrawl from paypal that hacker tried to do went through anyway?! The hell? I call up my bank and get things resolved there took an hour...But I go home and call up paypal about a $500 withdrawl that's still in the status of "Processing." They said oh no that one's already been resolved.  I'm reading it right there on my paypal. Processing.  I don't think its resolved.  I even read them the transaction ID and apparently they don't go by that?! WHAT?!  

At this point I'm frustrated enough that I just want to quit using Paypal.  However I can't do that. Why not? Cause Paypal is pretty much the only service accepted everywhere. Especially Ebay. I can't get paid through other options by my Youtube Partnership any other way as well. -_-.  Upside of this whole thing I didn't have to pay a fee for being overdrawn on my Bank Account.  I know if I was with certain other banks they would've made me pay before fixing everything.

July 24th, Finally Someone That Makes Sense Well I Hope They Do

After closing the main checking account. I tried to make the changes on my Paypal.  Unforntunately I couldn't do that. After calling up Paypal...(after about an hour of praying and prepping my mind) I finally get a guy that's willing to help. OMG Thank you! He says he'll do everything he can to fix the error cause its a bug on there end.  Well it has to be if the checking account its trying to take money from NO LONGER EXIST!!!  

After dealing with that and giving a huge sigh of relief.  I got a different email from paypal dated last night.  It told me about how nothing could be done about the transactions, blah blah blah.  At the bottom of the email (yes it was secure) I found out who it was actually trying to send the money to.  I typed the email in the google search bar cause it was a gmail account. I was shocked (I can't think of a better word there) to find out that this guy was a seller I did business with last year.  I would be all like well I kinda understand cause its revenge for a bad but well deserved review. But this guy was a good seller.  I never had any problems with this guy. So his plan was to get random paypal info. Then steal from you?!  Of course when I tell Mom about it she goes on her cynical tirade saying that this is why she never buys stuff online.  That's 15 minutes of my life I won't get back. 

 Anyway, I wish there was a way to block this seller. That way I'll no longer buy things from him.  I mean judging from his items he's one of those guys that takes info from amazon or other sites and lists them on ebay at a cheaper price (all legal its a method of business in fact one of my friends tried to get me to do that for myself). Heck he has a youtube account. I was thinking maybe I pissed him of on youtube somehow. I just wanna avoid this guy.  I mean justice 

Shut up Lloyd

will be done where its due. I don't have a right to decide all that blah blah blah.  I'll just have to keep a mental note not to deal with this person ever again.  Well hopefully everything will be settled and I can go back to saving up for this new desktop.