Monday, August 4, 2014

New Desktop PC Goal (About $400 of 500 so far) August

August 1st, 2014 - Need to Relieve Stress

After stressing with Paypal and my bank I finally fixed things sorta.  Apparently sometime after I caught on the news that Paypal recently had a security breach....-_-.  Now I just gotta transfer the funds to the bank and throw it to savings for safe keeping.  Although before when I got paid I noticed I could get a new desktop TODAY come home and have it all setup in one night.  Then when I showed it to friends they frowned on it. Mainly the Windows 8 bit.  Some complained about the video card and others complained about the processor.

I'm starting to wonder if they know anything or not.  I mean I can replace the video card. The OS can be changed. And I really thought that in terms of processors that 4 cores (Quad Core) would be enough.  Sigh...And I really wanted to take advantage over the deals. Tax Free Weekend and all that.  I'm not really looking forward to buying parts. Then find out they either suck or I screwed up somewhere.  Most of the people that can help are generally busy or don't really notice me anyway so I think I'm on my own for the most part.  I really want one now so I don't have to sit at my PC for 4 hours waiting a video to finish encoding, converting, etc. Well guess I'll just wait till September which at that point I absolutely have to get a new PC regardless.  Or else I won't be streaming the new Skylanders Game, or getting anything else recorded for that matter.


August 21st, 2014 - OMG Thank You (Dies for 5 minutes)

Well early this month when checking out Twitch.TV streams I saw a highlight from someone who got donated $1000 bucks. WTF?! $1000?! Really?! Someone has that much money to just give away?! Well more power to that guy.  I'm honestly a little jelly here.  Then I also heard about NTom64 doing a donation stream for "Child's Play".  Which I have to say was rather amazing.  I wanna put together a donation stream like that one day.  I believe he and many others that participated raised over 10,000 dollars to the cause.  Congrats to them.

Well I don't like to brag especially on something like this but I really do need to mention it.  A random guy donated around $250 bucks to my cause. I kept goin WTF is this another hack?  I was trying to figure out for the longest time how this dude donated and why so much.  Then I looked back at my Blog.  I didn't update it so I saw that the donation button was still there. I had to slap myself multiple times to make sure I wasn't dreaming or anything.  So I went OMG it's happening.  So to that person. Thank you so much! I honestly didn't expect any donations and one that high.  Now my only worry is living up to that person's expectations in the future.

Pretty much after the usual expenses and planning. I took out about 90 bucks from my own pay to cover Rent and Buy Tales of Xillia 2.  I was very reluctant to buy Xillia 2 cause I've already seen the game so much from my friends. Also there's a special event I gotta attend so I had to set aside money for lunch on that day.  If things go well this month I should be able to get my new Desktop right away. I really need to start planning on what exactly to buy.  Still most I know in terms of shopping is...


  • Not an All-In-One
  • 4-Cores????
  • 8GB RAM That can be upgraded.
  • Decent VideoCard


I think that's it right?  I also don't want the video card to burn out like my last one did. And that burned out in less than 6 months -_-.

Anyway if things go well I might be able to put Smash bros back on the board.