Wednesday, August 27, 2014

New Desktop PC Goal Attained!!! YAY!!!



Ok after I got that donation.  I decided to look up some PCs. After asking around. I found that pretty much everything was gonna end up over the original $500 budget. I was about to give up hope when I checked Newegg one more time and found a pre-built for 400 bucks that was actually good.

So after checking with a few friends I went ahead with it. and got this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227575

iBUYPOWER HORUS Series NE610FX Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX-4300 (3.80GHz) 4GB DDR3 500GB HDD Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Specs Looking at it


After looking at the specs All I would have to do in the future is upgrade the RAM and possibly the video card.  Funny thing is according to the specs I think I have a different motherboard than specified.  In fact I think I got a better one.  I love the case. See through on the side and so much space inside compared to the old one.  

Reuse/Recycle?


Unforntunately I couldn't reuse the old RAM due to it being DDR2 type. This needs DDR3 type. I'm currently reinstalling everything, so I'll be here awhile.  I have more RAM slots than specified. I have 4 slots instead of 2. I wonder if I can use the old Memory card reader from my older PC and install it on this one.  

Right now on my list what I need to buy in the future is:

  • 2 or 3 more RAM (Max out to 16 GB maximum of 8 GB) 
  • a DVI Cable (I lost mine and the adapter doesn't fit)
  • PC Controller (Maybe)
  • Maybe a better Video Card
  • Capture Card - The Old Ones are unsupported and Dead
  • New Computer Desk (This one is falling apart)
  • New Computer Chair (Mines is cheap and the back fell off) I blame mom for being cheap and her X for breaking my old one.
That's not much and can be gained overtime. Anyway if things go well I should be able to pre-order Smash Bros. Thank you all so much for the help.




Here's the New one. I'm already liking it. So many air vents less chance of overheating or super loud fan noise.

This is the old one. Its a hand-me-down from Mom. All I could do is Max out the RAM. Not much space for anything else. The DVD Drive also doesn't work. I wonder If I can take the memory card reader. Although I don't really use that either.

New One On the inside. SO MUCH FREE SPACE! Wait that motherboard is different from specified? That's actually better?! HUH?!  

This is the old one. Cluttered. Hard to get my hands around dust everywhere. Unforntunately I couldn't reuse the RAM as this is DDR2 type. I need DDR3 Type now. Maybe I can use this as the backup just in case one.