Thursday, March 31, 2016

Real Talk: Toxic Association




I'm glad I cut off a lot of my association with some people. I went back to see one of this person's livestreams. And OMG he's worse than what he was last I remember. I understand he's younger than me. But OMG his attitude and thoughts were just absolutely toxic. Honestly I had to sit back away from the computer for a minute and go. "Wow I was like that once." Granted I'm not perfect in any way, shape, or form. But I do feel like I'm a much better person than I was in the past.

He was playing SO5 Japanese version and frustrated with losing a battle. I commented and he started commenting saying that it's a bad game and I'm bad for trying to defend it. When I wasn't even defending it. I was making a comparison to SO2 and SO3. But he wouldn't hear it. Instead he just jumped to conclusions and continued to bad mouth me. And anyone else for that matter. I would question how he has so many followers but who cares. I don't want any part of that kind of group.

Get this out the way right now. I don't care what his opinions are on the game. Cause they're not my opinions. We're all entitled to like whatever we want. He can badmouth me or whatever games I play all he wants. That's his opinion. Not like its gonna hurt me any. If it was a question of moral values we might have a discussion about that then but otherwise who cares. I just wanted watch and see what's going on see if things changed or not. And to spend some leisure time somewhere.

Anyway. Considering how his disposition is now. I'm glad to have cut off contact with him. I noticed that after I did so the games I played I felt a lot better about. And I actually played better than I have in a REALLY LONG TIME! I also have had less emotional problems (I still have them but not as badly as I used to), and my focus is a lot better than what it was.

Seriously cutting them off was the best thing I could've ever done. So I just want to say this to people out there. If you have certain problems. Look at your environment and who you associate with. Try just not being around that person or people for awhile. Like take a vacation without seeing them. Take a look at yourself. If you come back to that association. See if it was bad or good for you.
If that person I'm talking about comes across this post. Hey he/she/it embarrassed there selves. At least from my point of view.