Sunday, June 12, 2016

Update June 2016: Games

Yeah this might actually workout better to put the game stuff here.

Stuff on Youtube Right Now

Ratchet and Clank (PS3)


Well This was enjoyable. I do remember that I started this way back in the PS2 days. In fact this was a game that came with my 2nd PS2. However at the time I wanted to play Final Fantasy X-2 so I traded this in. I know a bunch of people want to shoot me for that.

"WHY DID YOU TRADE-IN A GOOD GAME FOR A PIECE OF &*$%!"

Whatever I still like both games. Just Ratchet and Clank didn't appeal to me at the time. I mean I overplayed Ninja Gaiden Xbox and other action platformer games. I lived in an area where RPG games are pretty much the dominant of games to play. (Unlike now where its sports and FPS games). So yeah of course I'm gonna play an RPG game.

Well now that I've played it. I can say I enjoyed it. I mean I enjoyed "A Crack In Time".  There's not really much to say about it. It's the same game. So what's different?

Ratchet and Clank - Full Frontal Assault


Kinda falls in the same thing as the previous one. What I didn't expect was that the demo kept a save data of the game. So I had to dig around my videos for the opening cutscene cause it would be weird to post stage one and no story after months of picking up the game. I enjoyed the game. The thing that bothered me was how insanely tough the enemies got at the end. Not just oh they're killing me. But more they would take forever to kill. The game has some seriously tanky enemies. The final boss doesn't help either. I managed to kill him at the VERY LAST SECOND! I swear if I failed I was gonna rage quit the game. Cause that was unfair that my weapons did so little damage.

I'm not sure if I'll do a playthrough with the other characters (Clank and Qwark). I'm considering it. If people want to see it.

Sonic 4: Episode II

Well not exactly jumping for joy to return to Sonic 4. I mean the game didn't make a good first impression that time long ago. Repeated bosses. Not too many stages. The game was rather lackluster. Well Episode II brought a good amount of changes. However It still pissed me off. I didn't like the whole Tag Action thing. Generally in the regard that there's a lot of sections including boss sections where I'm forced to use it. It's obvious there's no Sonic or Tails alone option. You're stuck playing this way. I guess I should be happy cause its different. But at the same time...I really don't like this forced Tag actions. I haven't done the Multiplayer cause there's not too many people to play this with. Not sure if I want to considering all the nightmares I've heard about it.

Final Fantasy Explorers


Yeah I'm still playing this. I enjoy this game. Some may say it's an easy mode Monster Hunter. But I welcome it. Seriously Monster Hunter is hard for all the wrong reasons. Not only that but there's not much variety and the players of the game get way too serious demanding that everyone play the same. To make it worse Monster Hunter seems to be staying on a Handheld when it was so much better on a console.

Anyway I really hope there's another Final Fantasy Explorers or something like it in the future. This game is very enjoyable single or multiplayer. I think it only got mediocre ratings cause people weren't paid off. But that's just me. A lot of people keep going on and on about how its not Monster Hunter but a clone. But seriously what game isn't a Monster Hunter clone? I mean I consider World of Warcraft, Diablo, Phantasy Star Online, and many other MMO's the same thing.

Bleach Shattered Blade


I only came back to this cause I felt like it. I played this in the past long ago when I first got my Wii. I genereally came back to this cause I was watching a lot of Bleach clips on Youtube. I felt like playing it again. And this was around the time I felt Bleach was still good and not some unneccessarily drawn out anime. Just a shame Arcade Mode is kinda boring. Maybe there could've been like a proper "Not Boss Rage" done. (I can't use Boss Rage cause we all know Maximillian's fans will get pissed and spam silly comments saying I took his thing. At least he didn't copyright "Boss Rage" Or did he?).

Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond


So got to play this game. Like I said before in an earlier blog post about this game. I don't know why this got such low reviews. It's a good game. Oh because you're not catching Pokemon means its a crappy game? So what does that make Mystery Dungeon and the other Pokemon games? Seriously people want the same crap in games for all the wrong reasons.

Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX)


So to continue this endeavor of playing all the FF's for youtube. Let's go a game that I like. I'm certainly glad the glitch is there to help with JP. So now I don't have to grind as much. I still need to get off my butt and fix the War of Lions playlist. But I think it's got all the views and stuff it's gonna get. Anyway This is fun I keep expecting the special events and battles that happen in the PSP version. But I have to remember those won't happen.

The Stanley Parable


Ah a game I wanted to play for awhile. I originally was going to do like some sort of special commentary with this game. But I discovered I can't cause the microphone problems Windows 10 is giving me. So maybe after I fix the quality I'll just do a normal recording. Not sure about the 4+ hour baby ending though. That just makes no sense. I mean in terms of doing the same event for hours. But I guess that's the devolopers joke about gamers.

Persona 4: Arena Ultimax


Well like I said in the review blog post. I rented this game to wait for Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator to release. Too bad Gamefly didn't send it. It's a mixed bag of a game and to make it worse. This game is already a ghost town. So much DLC. Frustrating game modes. And not too many characters to get attached to. I mean I like Persona 3 and 4. But the games aren't exactly my flavor. It also does the thing I hate with Fighting Game Story Modes. Well at least I beat Score Attack Elizabeth which was my general plan from the beginning.

Blazblue: ChronoPhantasma Extend



Well this is still off and on. I want to finish the Abyss mode. But things are starting to get rather unfair now in that mode. I thought about playing online. But it just seems like a total rage fest going on there. Not sure if I want to subject myself to that community.

Not Gonna be Played Right Now

Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator

Well Gamefly didn't send it. That's the simple answer as to why. So I'll probably end up playing it 6 months from now. When no one else is playing it. I mean I don't have the money to buy it. Oh well I can watch.

Mighty No.9

I just don't have the money to purchase this. I kept planning on buying it. But didn't foresee money being this way. Maybe next month? Who knows. I really don't care what others think about the game. I mean at this point people are just hunting for reasons to get mad at games and try to convince others not to buy it. Yes it did get delayed a lot. Inafune did do some unfavorable things with Kickstarter. But at least he delivers something. Unlike the other 70% that fail and people never see there money. It's probably for the best anyway that I don't buy this now. I'll probably need that video card to play it.

Battleborn

Well remember when I tried to play it. I had videocard issues. Well that's why I'm not playing it right now. I really want to play this game too. I mean the game did a good job appealing to me. I don't know or care for the other people's views on the game. Point is I want to play it. Just need a better video card to do so.

Overwatch

I already mentioned both these games in the earlier post and what I think about them. I do kinda want to play Overwatch. But I feel Battleborn would get my vote between the 2. Battleborn just did a better job appealing to me. I think Overwatch would do better as a movie. I mean the plot pretty much says movie.

Killer Instinct (2013)

And like the previous 2. I can't play this due to video card issues. It really sucks but I can live without these games. I mean by the time I play it everyone will probably be playing "Kill Each other 70,000" (made up the title not sure if it really exists) or something.

Hearthstone

Ok I've been trying to play this game for awhile. I mean a long while. I just can't win. It feels like a literal Pay-To-Win type of game. I thought I could at least do the offline. But even the AI is ruthless. To make it worse the videos I see of this game add further to the discouragement. I can deal with losing. That's a given. But I'm seeing videos of people forfeiting matches and it's called rage quitting.

Last I checked Forfeiting and Rage Quitting aren't the same thing. But it is to these guys. So simply because I surrendered it's considered rage quitting. That's stupid. Why would continue to subject myself to an unwinnable fight? Why would I continue to waste your time when you could be beating someone else's ass? It doesn't make sense.

The other insult to injury is that this game pulls its own rules after so many years of success. Now there's a rule where you can't use the old cards unless you make the game "Wild" That's stupid. So basically you just banned pretty much all your old cards and sounds like you banned even the cards you get just by playing the game offline.  Maybe if I didn't feel like this game was a total pay to win type of game I'd play it a lot more. But since I'm not giving Blizzard a dime for this game (and losing even with the game's pre-built decks). It really feels like pay to win.

Coming Soon and/or Considering



  • Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
  • Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
  • Digimon World 4
  • Jump Jet Rex
  • Tyrian 2000
  • Strike Suit Zero
  • Portal 2
  • Capcom Fighting Evolution
  • Mischief Makers
  • Risk of Rain
  • Incoming Forces
  • Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir


Demos:

Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction - And this game shows off why its so great.

Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - Ok this can be a fun multiplayer. If I can get someone to join in on the fun.

Bravely Second - So I tried this demo out and it's about the same feelings I had for Bravely Default. I like the game and I wish it wasn't on a goddamn Handheld. I don't really have people to get Street Passes with So that can be a problem. I'll play it after I play through Default.

Other Gaming News That I Care For:

Crash coming to Skylanders????

Oh boy. Lets give Activision haters more reason to hate Skylanders. We just finished dealing with the Spyro fans. And the DK/Bowser fans. So its rumored that Crash Bandicoot is to come to the next Skylanders game. Particulary the PS4 version. Well I don't mind. I am a fan of Crash Bandicoot but not a die-hard fan. I think the fans are too easily insulted cause they want the same game they had in the past remade again to have the same exact things it had back when they first came out. Yet they don't want to admit or care that to the business people that actually make these games. They don't care.

Yeah its an angering thought. But they don't care for us older gamers. We don't have disposable income or not as much as we did 10 or so years ago. We're busy paying bills, buying big important purchases like houses, cars. And we're signing our lives away to make these big purchases. We may have money to throw away but not much of it. Not as much as we did when we were younger. So better to appeal to the kids who don't know anything about the games we played than us who more or less want the same games.

I know people will disagree with me. And in that aspect I don't care. But just look around you and see how much things have changed. Whether favorable or unfavorable you have to deal with it.

Anyway whether or not this is true isn't going to determine what version I buy. I just want to play the game. I do hope they fix the issues with online that SuperChargers had. I still can't get online going with that game on PS3.


Farewell Sonic Runners...I barely Played You Anyway

Yeah this game is getting taken down. I barely played it. But honestly I was just getting somewhere when this announcement came to be. I didn't like how I never got the character I wanted to play as. You had to be extremely lucky to get it. Or pay tons of money. I mean Werehog Sonic, Omega, Vector, Shadow, etc. You couldn't just get them easily. You had to be lucky for them to drop. They were mixed in with the assist characters you could get. So yeah you can see how that turns out.

This was regarded as one of those better Sonic games since the fans hate Sonic Boom and are 50/50 with Lost World. I honestly wonder why this game is getting the boot and not one of the other Sonic Runner games? Eh oh well.

Where's my DLC Galaxy Trail?

So announce Freedom Planet 2. Release only half your DLC that you promised (keeping most of it in Beta). Yeah....uh...Where's the rest of it? I'm glad there's a 2nd game but  you guys rather stopped and the last thing you cared for was one of your characters was going to some different game as a guest star. Could you guy like I dunno release the rest of your DLC?