Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Buck Demo: Patch Update

Buck Demo Patch Update



Ok so last I went over this. I talked about how much I like the voice acting and the setting. A lot. I did have complaints about how a dude can block a shotgun to the face. But can deal with it.  The one thing I brought up was the lack of melee combat

So this update. Addressed Melee combat. There's not much to talk about here as this is generally the update.

So now we have melee combat. We have combos. Sorta. So there's 5 different commands for combos. I could generally only get 2 to work in actual combat. 3 to work outside of combat.
So we have a your typical light and heavy attacks. I'm not expecting Devil May Cry, God of War, etc. I mean for games like this I'm generally thinking something like. Ratchet and Clank, Dead to Rights, True Crime, and to a stretch Phantasy Star Online. stuff like that. What I mean is that okay I have guns. But now I have the option not to waste bullets and just beat the crap outta of the guy.  This is a nice option to have. It adds the thought of "how should I handle this?" Do I wanna fight it out? Or should I just blow them all away.

This is why I love not using a strategy guide for games. If I see videos or read a guide/walkthrough of a game. I know what to expect and know how to deal with it. The using my brain part to figure things out is now removed. Which is why tons of people on YouTube always post hate comments about someone's gameplay cause that person didn't play the game the suggested way that's listed on someone's website.

Okay let's get off that tangent and go over the melee. So I have 4 combos. 2 of them require that I go into a stance. I couldn't get the stance combos to work. At least not in combat. I tried and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe if there was a demonstration I'd know. But I do have Combo 1 and Combo 2. These were effective enough to actually save my bullets.

Just 1 issue. I didn't exactly have opportunities to utilize, let alone practice my combos. The problem that came up was that there happened to be a shotgun guy creeping up on me while I beat the crap out of some other unlucky guy. So this forced me to take damage or stop trying to punch guys to change my focus of melee combat back to my guns. This was rather annoying cause there apparently is a combo where you use your guns in it and every time I tried it. That combo either never came out or I got my head rearranged for trying it.

Needless to say it's nice that melee is there. So I don't have to waste bullets. But in this demo it's rather annoying that my opportunities for melee right now are small. What I noted in the patch notes was that they removed ammo from enemies. I rather disagree with this to an extent. While I understand it should be insanely hard to get ammo in this kind of setting. I think it would make sense to leave the guys with guns with ammo since they have guns.  It would be a stretch to say, cut the amount of ammo they have cause they attacked. I mean that would be cool but then annoying at the same time. I don't want it to be too realistic.

Another thing I found was a hidden area that was truly hidden from me that I never found last time. I don't know if this was there before or not. But this was truly hidden. I mean classic hidden behind the foreground objects type stuff. I just randomly pressed down and noticed Buck was in his ladder climbing animation.  So I figured why not. It's either a glitch or something else. Saw an area that made me go...whoa. Yeah I don't wanna be in the sewers.

Anyway that's my thoughts on the patch. Hopefully the combat will be polished. We'll see.