Friday, March 31, 2017

Youtube Update April 2017 - Older and Tired

So April 2nd I turn 30. Honestly I can say nothing about it. Just makes me sad. I mean a lot of things in my life if not everything pretty much went opposite of what I wanted. My own fears and views of the world stop me from taking risks. But really there's no one to push me to do things. Just everyone being nice and going all like, "You're doing great. Keep it up." When I'm not.

Well Youtube is just as it is. They keep making changes and you can do nothing but complain and accept them. So youtube removed the option of Fan Funding. Which is essentially google's version of having a Paypal and asking for donations there. What's being removed in the future is Annotations and in it's place is end title cards. Removing annotations is essentially going to cripple a lot of websites that make money through allowing them to make annotations on your videos. They're adding more stuff that I can't really make use of.

Livestreaming

I've been trying to get back into livestreaming. Trying. The mentality behind it though is just ugh.  I stress out every time I try to setup. I read a guide or newsletter talking about streaming and it said to just fake my feelings. But that's something I just can't do. I only thought of livestreaming again to get more publicity. I'd do it on Youtube but it doesn't feel like I'd get anywhere streaming on Youtube and it's setup is just ugh.

I've already explained what I don't like about Streaming. The time it takes. How much I get done versus how much I get done when not streaming, The shoutouts, the chat. Just so much anxiety at this point.

Youtube

While I get comments they're more or less the same. Even more so I'm finding it harder to view comments. Like I get comments but no notifications that someone made a comment. Or I'll get notifications but it's like from ghost often times. My phone beeps off way late when I get comments. It's just hard to respond to comments now.

I haven't improved or did worse in views or subs. I honestly think subscribers don't matter at this point cause what's the point of having subscribers when your subscribers don't respond. In fact I can say that the majority of mine only subscribed for one video. And it's usually a video from ancient times.

I'm very likely repeating myself here. But New/Indie games don't grab viewers. It may cause a sudden increase in viewers but then they'll disappear after a few days and that's me being generous with that number. Game Grumps and pretty much play whatever they want and never have to worry about viewers.  I hate those that always say that I should play New games or Indie games to grab viewers. I understand your trying to help. But you're honestly being presumptuous and you don't even know it.

Where's your proof that this is fact? What are you basing this on? Why does that work? I can't trust it.

Another thing I hate is how Youtube makes my old playlist nonexistent. But if I create a new playlist of the same name then search it they both turn up. The old and the new one. Youtube I've been on youtube for a very long time and I feel like you're trying to kick me out. Why not kick out those other guys? You know the ones that make you look bad, that deliberately go against the policies you set and yet still yield high amounts of views.  Sigh...whatever that's how the world is and I just live in it.


Playthroughs

I still struggle to stay consistent with playthroughs. A big issue now is mobile games. I like some of the mobile games others I don't. I tried to stick to schedule in playing these but daylight savings ruins it. Mobile Games don't bother with changing along with Daylight Savings for one reason or another. Forcing me schedule later. Then there's the whole bit of editing videos I hate Adobe Premiere. It always likes to give one issue or another. I want find something else that's reliable and doesn't give some BS reason to crash or refuse to read files, etc.

Marvel Future Fight



Well this game I'm at a point where I need to grind heavily before I do anything significant. I don't like recording something like a daily quest. It'll be just me doing the same thing over and over again. Nothing significant. I rather wait till I get something to happen. Like I got a character maxed out. Or I beat a world boss.

DBZ Dokkan



I don't really enjoy this game. This is one of those games I rather just look at the nice artwork of the cards and see the animations of super attacks. I rather not play this game. Even if people like it. It's just not fun for me. I'm not up for putting forth my full effort into this game.

Hexyz Force



This is a game I do enjoy despite how long it takes me. I'm trying to do the playthrough like how I saw another youtuber I watch. He records all the cutscenes and boss fights together as a clip. I figured I'd do that for people. I don't know how people respond to that though. There's 2 different stories and a final story. So this game is very interesting to me and I wish I played it a long time ago. I just couldn't get my hands on a copy.

Skylanders: Imaginators



There's still things to do. I just need to go out actually buy them Too bad it's rather expensive and I can't afford it.

Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb



This game reminds me of Ross's quote (From Ross's Game Dungeon) about Old PC Game endings. Where they're very mediocre. And this game pretty much supports his comment. The end of the game is rushed. The ending gives tons of plot holes. But there's an online comic series to continue the story.

You can go here to view it: http://inherittheearth2.com/

Pokemon: Moon



I should've finished this game months ago. But finally got it from Gamefly and Well. Now I have a hard time just sticking to the game. I hate trying to record it. Since one, people complain about the quality cause I don't have a 3DS capture card. Two, the amount of effort I do to at least record the game in the first place. And 3 I feel like I have no time to play it. I try to play it. Get a good run going then the battery is dying and I have to stop. Or something comes up forcing me to stop. Or I'm just at one of those points where I'm bored and don't feel like playing. Or my depression kicks in and I just don't do jack squat but lay in bed all day. Yeah this playthrough is troublesome.

Stuff I Want To Play


Battleborn


I don't care that people say Overwatch is better and Battleborn is crap. Cause everyone I've heard say that has the reasoning of the company's previous game was garbage. Whatever that previous game was. First off I look at Overwatch and I was excited. I was hoping that Overwatch was going to be a movie cause the super long trailer was pretty much a movie. And all the lore and story they put into the game makes it pretty scream that it's a movie. Then I look at the gameplay and it's all the same. Online Multiplayer, Kill each other, get to the payload, kill each other, capture and defend bases, kill each other. No single player. Yet the trailers dump all those story into the game but it doesn't matter at the end of the day.

Yet I see Battleborn, and they have Single and Multiplayer modes. A story campaign. Your classic set of multiplayer modes of killing each other. And interesting characters. So why does it suck again? Oh right Gearbox Software? Wait what's bad about Gearbox Software? I don't know...and I don't care cause very likely I will never play the other games made by them and I'm more focused on this game. Not the company. I'd go more into but that tangent would be another 6 paragraphs of text you won't read.

Freedom Planet 2


I definitely want to play this when they finish it. I almost went out my way to buy the first one on console. Almost. Good thing I'm poor. But yes I can't wait for this to be finished.


 BUCK Game


I played the demo sometime last year. And it's now been released. I was impressed with this game. I was expecting zombies, but got this instead. I'm ecstatic because of that. I didn't feel bored, I felt like wanting to do more. I haven't felt that way about a game since Dust: An Elysian Tale.


Stories: The Path of Destinies



If I could ever get a new video card I would totally play this. I keep looking at this game and reminding myself that I got to get a new video card to play this. I hope that happens one day in my life before I die. Cause this game is apparently great.


That's about everything I can think of to talk about. Hope you guys enjoy yourselves. I'm going to sleep later everyone.