Monday, June 19, 2017

A Retraction Or An Update - Something Is Wrong With Atlus

After contacting customer service with Atlus. I got a response from them. I emailed all the appropriate addresses including the one where the strike came from in the first place. The response came from service@atlus.com

And Not atlus@copyright-notice.com.

Atlus took the blame and said they don't know why it happened in the first place. They were discussing what to do about it. I asked if I should submit a counter notification and he said yes. So in about a day the Copyright Strike was rescended. Now the video is back up.


On the other hand. I got to thinking. This is another one of those fake copyright takedown attempts. It doesn't make sense for the address to come from copyright-notice.com.  I checked copyright-notice.com. It's just a website that was made in 2016. It has information on what a copyright is and that's it.

This makes me think of a comment I received long ago about how people would make up a fake website and issue copyright takedowns using that site. Probably even designed a bot to search keywords and take down any video related to those keywords. Since not just myself but many other people at the same time got a strike for it. And it was manual too. Manual strikes take a long time to do.

So I looked up one of my older strikes. The Ragnarok Odyssey Ace one.  I found someone else had a strike on video from the same guy in his facebook. The screenshot he took had very similar words used. His was a Ragnarok online video. Then I noticed that we both used 3, silver, and a few other words in our video titles. Way too coincidental.

I bet the same thing happened with Persona 5. Or it could be a conspiracy against not popular Youtubers to try and get rid of them while making it look legit. We don't know. What I do know is. That the Persona 5 copyright strike was a mistake and I got it fixed...for me. If you had a similar issue you might want to try and contact Atlus customer service. But go through there site. Not the e-mail Youtube gives.