Sunday, December 13, 2020

Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner HD Part 6 - Ending


The last part.  So I left at the worst part of the game.  This is honestly the worst part of the game for me. Not cause it's hard but it's just incredibly annoying.  So all the troops Dingo has rallied together.  He has to help them make it to Aumaan.  Would be easy but again these guys are pathetic and shouldn't be here at all.  So the entire battlefield turns into a literal warzone. I have to protect these guys from dying as best as I can.  Nothing ADA suggests makes it easier.  Especially since there's tons of guys and the only way to help them is to switch to Geyser and throw it on them.  The other problem is that these soldiers beg Dingo for help worse than the StarFox crew.  You get no breathing room as the requests for help pop up one after another enough to make me wanna break my speakers.

I managed to scrape by with an S rank????  Only 3 of the 40 dudes died.  Dingo still feels bad cause 3 people died.  Uh...dude...this actually isn't bad.  I thought I did much worse.  Once the mission is over.  Jehuty finally gets it Microsoft Update and has to reboot.  The reboot has granted us the use of 0 Shift.  Making pretty much every other subweapon useless.  

We have the power of Anime now.  Everything I'm fighting just feels like an exercise of catharsis.  Everything just falls to Jehuty's power.  Especially since what wasn't noted is that Jehuty upgraded as well.  So everything just dies easily.  

Well we reached the end...at least we think.  My memories of this point are fuzzy cause I remember next to nothing of this part.  So one last Vector Cannon blast and it's to the final bosses.  Oh hey Anubis...you look...different???

Fake Anubis

How is this even a boss fight?  It's not really fighting back.  

After beating the crap out of it we see the truth.  GASP....Ken's inside!!!  Yeah we were tricked. After an incredibly long speech by Nohman Leo goes on a rampage only to get his butt kicked and due to all the destruction around us Jehuty gets heavily damaged and we lose most of our weapons.   So much for being all powerful.  We ride what I guess is a wave of Metatron energy chasing after Nohman.  We only have what is neccessary to beat up Anubis.

Anubis

This is rough.  It's pretty much a waiting game for him to warp then attack. I dodge, 0 Shift then attempt an attack back. Just a few hits from Anubis and I'm toast.  So much for an even playing field.  

After managing to scrape another victory.  We land on is this the moon? no...a meteor...whatever this is where Aumaan truly is.  I honestly have no recollection of this part.  Elena tells us to do whatever it takes to stop Aumaan.  Dingo brings up how the Earth shouldn't tell Mars how to run things and to let Mars be free.  Before heading in I need to find these EX Missions lying around they're hard to see while I'm being assaulted by multiple Nephtis clones.  Pretty much every Nephtis clone I kill gives me a Metatron recovery so no worries there. Also Jehuty seems to be powered up??? I have unlimited Sub Energy which to me doesn't mean much as I don't have any subweapons outside of 0 Shift.  Once I collect the EX Mission data.  I head in to the final boss.

Aumaan Anubis

So the battlefield looks like it's a space of constant creation and destruction.  It seems Aumaan fused with Anubis or Aumaan is using Anubis as an avatar to fight me.  I like how the strategy guide was all like don't worry about it attacking with certain attacks as it never uses them...How would they know if they noted those attacks? The stategy guide also fails to mention that this boss can recover life!!!  The main thing is to stay on top of this guy and continue bashing it's head in till it's dead. 

 When it tries to recover HP I got a bit confused cause it looked like I could grab the panels it was surrounding itself with. I mean each had a huge word saying "Grab" on it.  Eventually it's just me switching from Lock-on lasers to smashing Anubis's head in with my blade.  Eventually the fight's over and I can relax to watch the ending.

Ending

Yeah I only remember part of the ending so good to watch it again.  Aumaan is ready to fire and basically destroy everything.  We're pretty much out of time.  Nohman is pretty much dead and making comments about Dingo's deceased comrades.  While Aumaan is going off Leo tries to help but is in no shape to help.  ADA's ready to blow up.  Dingo's not ready to give up and goes anime. Saying not to give up yet.  When all seems lost Dingo see's the remains of Anubis lying around and tosses it into Aumaan.  Aumaan is successfully destroyed. Yay!!!

We head home ADA questions if she did the right thing by disobeying orders.  Leo says not to worry about it.  Ken had Dingo removed from Jehuty. Dingo asks if he can have a normal body next time.  End credits roll.  

My overall rating is a C.  Too many continues and 5 saves.  Yeah expected.


Extra Stuff

Ah the extras unlocked.  Apparently I need to beat the game at least twice to unlock everything.  It doesn't look like ranking matters either.  So there's a vs mode like the older game that lets you use the other Frames in combat.  To unlock the others I need to find them in normal play or play the EX missions. Even replay boss fights.  The bonus is I can use whatever Jehuty version I have. So it's kind of cheat.

Imagine whooping Nephtis in a few seconds lol.  Definitely something to do. 


The Metal Gear Rising Demo

I think this is the only reason a lot of people bought ZOE HD.  It is a pretty hype game.  So here's a quick rundown of my experience with the demo.

Pretty much watched the important sections of the game from streams and playthroughs.  Never saw the full story.  There are some parts that completely piss me off not cause of gameplay or writing but cause of what it's implying.  The training children's brains to be killing machines bit or Jack's (Raiden's) sealed away persona.  Or the speech of "ism's" .  Yeah Metal Gear series is one of those games that takes a lot of real world events and conspiracy theories. Then pushes them in our faces. So much so that people tend to ignore it cause of all the cool shit going on. 

Anyway I'm playing the demo for my first time.  Oh god how did anyone play this?  This is definitely not my style of action platformers.  I have issues mainly with controls.  I feel like it's trying to be a 3rd Person shooter but with a sword instead.  Which doesn't describe this very well.  My main problem is that there's no block button.  I think this game would heavily benefit from that.  But instead we have a "Ninja Run" button???  There is a parry option but...I can really follow it.  And I know this game will essentially demand that I master parrying. 

The other thing I can't get a grasp on is the slow-motion slice thing.  It's cool but I don't feel like I could ever perform one correctly.  And I know the end game absolutely requires you master this mechanic.  You're supposed to slice the opponent up as many times as possible into many pieces but you're also supposed to be precise for many reasons.  WTF.  This is definitely something you have to experience for yourself to understand.  

I'm not entirely sure you can be stealthy in this game.  I tried but it looks like stealth is only good for one kill before you're in full combat mode.  Hard to judge from a demo.  I was also trying to be stealthy to save a guy's life but I guess I acted too slowly.  I don't even know when they killed him but they did.  

I do like the music.  This is one of those games where the music direction is spot on.  I can get behind having an insturmental theme that transitions to a full vocal theme as things ramp up. 

The boss fight.  I need practice and much like Devil May Cry I can't combo bosses or enemies how I want to.  And obviously I need to learn how to parry.  My only issue with playing a game like this on Youtube is the knowledge that obvious comments will roll in talking about how I'm not playing the game optimally. I also only really like this game for it's music. I think if the game was more like Ninja Gaiden gameplay in terms of combat I'd love it more. It's really just me wanting to block everything as my defense.  

That's about it.  These videos should finish out the time slot for the year so.  See you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment